We’ve all had those mornings – too much to do and not enough time to fix a nice protein-filled breakfast. Well, it’s your lucky day! Make a batch of these and you’re pretty good for the week. Simply reheat for about 30 seconds in the microwave, add a piece of fruit, and you’re good to go!
- Muffin Tin
- 1 tbsp Coconut Oil or nonstick spray
- 2 cups mushrooms chopped
- 1/4 cup onion chopped
- 2 cups spinach chopped
- 6 ea eggs or 4 whole eggs and 4 egg whites
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 4-6 links sausage or bacon
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Mist cups of a standard muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Melt coconut oil or mist a medium nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat on medium-high. Add mushrooms and onion and cook until soft, about 4 minutes. Add spinach/kale and cook 1 minute more. Add cooked sausage. Mix and divide between the muffin cups. Set aside.
- In a blender or large bowl, mix eggs, egg whites, nutritional yeast, salt and black pepper.
- Divide egg mixture among prepared muffin cups, filling each about 3/4 full.
- Bake until puffed up and lightly golden, about 20-25 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes before serving. Enjoy with a piece of fruit or slice of bread!